New Delhi: We exercise to stay fit and healthy. Most of us do it to lose weight. You should keep in mind that paying attention to all your body parts while exercising is important. Don’t forget your biceps when you are doing your abs. Don’t forget your legs when you are doing your forearms. There are exercises that are tailor-made for every part of your body. You should fix days like Mondays would be abs day, Tuesdays could be chest day, Thursdays could be legs day and so on. It is important that you focus on overall fitness. You must also remember that exercise alone will not help if you have a bad lifestyle and poor eating habits. You should eat right, stay hydrated and quit bad habits in order to stay complete fit and fine.
Physical exercises provide many health benefits like weight loss and help in burning calories. It protects you from various diseases and keeps them at bay. Regular exercise can manage health problems like blood pressure, diabetes, anxiety, depression and arthritis. It boosts energy and improves your mood. It is responsible for protecting your immune system. You must workout on a daily basis for the smooth functioning of your body and mind.
Leg workouts help in toning your leg muscles and reduces the extra fat on your legs. It strengthens your legs and keeps your lower body fit and firm. You can practice leg workouts at home.
5 LEG WORKOUTS YOU CAN DO AT HOME
- Squats- They can be difficult initially but with time and practice you get used to it. Squats focus on your legs, glutes and other surrounding muscles. It keeps your bones and joints healthy. Squats also improve your lower body fitness.
- Wall sits- Find a good wall, lean your back against it and slide down till your legs are at the right angle. This workout tests your lower body stamina. Wall sits strengthen your leg muscles and tone them perfectly.
- Lunge- Lunges are a great home leg workout. A lunge focuses on your hip, quads, glutes and hamstrings. It is the easiest workout and makes your lower body fit. You can do it before or after your squats for best results.
- Leg raises- Leg raises are very easy to perform. You can try side leg raise and inner thigh leg raise when you are at home. Leg raises boost your lower body flexibility and also ensures the growth of your muscles.
- High knee toe taps- This leg workout is extremely beneficial for your heart health. It keeps your legs moving and strengthens your lower body muscles. It is the easiest exercise to perform when at home. You don’t need any gym equipment for this workout.